Writing For the Web – How to Write Great Content That Sells
What you’ll learn
determine your audience
find your brand’s voice
apply website best practices
organize website content
convert existing materials into website content
write new website content
edit website content
keep your website content up to date
Your website is your online presence. It is the first time many of your customers engage with you, so it’s important that it reflects you while also speaking to your audience.
In this course, you will learn how to write web content for your audience that is optimized for the best comprehension. In other words, you’ll have a website that both you and your customers will love!
After completing Writing for the Web you will be able to:
- determine your audience (worksheet included)
- find your brand’s voice (worksheet included)
- apply website best practices
- organize website content
- convert existing materials into website content
- write new website content
- edit website content
- keep your website up to date
I am a believer in creating websites that are easy to use, and I designed this course with the average person in mind. You don’t need to be a marketing guru to create an amazing website!
I will share with you what I’ve learned in the past 16 years of creating and managing websites for businesses, government agencies, and nonprofits. I’ve spoken on this topic at conferences and taught it in classrooms, and I’m happy to welcome you to my virtual classroom.
This course is for you if you want a website for personal use:
- personal branding
- portfolio or digital resume
- mommy bloggers, daddy bloggers – any type of bloggers!
This course is for you if you want a website for your business:
- small business
This course is for you if your boss just assigned you the task of webmaster.
The course is for you if you have a website, but want to update it.
This course is for you if you’re ready to get your website going, but don’t know where to start.
In other words, I created this course for you!
Check out a few of my lectures, available for free, then enroll for lifetime access, including all updates I make as technology and best practices change. What are you waiting for? Your website is calling!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants a website for personal branding, a digital portfolio, blogging, or any other reason.
- Professionals who have been assigned the duty of webmaster but don’t have any experience.
- Professionals who manage a business website and want to make it better.
- Nonprofits that want to create a website.
- Small business owners who need a website or have a website they would like to update.
- Welcome to Writing for the Web!
- Why Writing for the Web Will Help You
- Prep Work – Do This Before You Start Writing to Save Time and Get Better Results
- Writing at Last! Putting Pen to Paper – or Hand to Keyboard
- Your Website is a Alive!