Water Mixable Oil Painting Course For Beginners
What you’ll learn
Understand The Basics Of Water Mixable Oil Paints
Discover How To Use Water Mixable Oil Paints
Learn About The Mediums For Water Mixable Oil Paints
Find Out The Advantages of Water Mixable Oil Paints Over Acrylic Painting
Understand The Difference Between Water Mixable Oil Paints and Traditional Oil Paints
Learn How To Do Your First Water Mixable Oil Painting
Master Basic Techniques of Water Mixable Oil Painting
Water Mixable Oil Paints Offer The Best Of Traditional Oils & Acrylics
It’s true … Water Mixable Oil Paints offer the best of both traditional oil paints and acrylic paints.
After months of experimenting with Water Mixable Oil Paints, and using them to prepare for an up coming solo exhibition, I am now convinced that they are an ideal alternative for both beginner to intermediate artists alike.
Traditional oils have always been my favourite medium.
They are luscious and buttery out of the tube, and break down into a smooth easy to manipulate paint. When you know how to use traditional oil paints you can produce some amazing results which is why they have been used for decades by some of the greatest artists of all time.
BUT … traditional oil paints have a huge downside. The solvents tend to be highly toxic and dangerous for your health, they stink the house out, and they are messy to clean up with 🙁
For those reasons I switched to Acrylic paints.
The great thing about acrylic paints is they are less toxic and much easier to clean up.
BUT … lots of our students at the Learn To Paint Academy struggle with acrylic paints because they dry way to fast to allow for blending, and they dry darker than when applied which makes them challenging to work back into.
Enter Water Mixable Oil Paints The Ideal Solution?
Now if you know me then you know I am always trying new things and experimenting.
So because I was frustrated with both traditional oils and acrylics I decided to give Water Mixable Oil Paints a go. And for the last few months that is pretty much all I have painted with. I am currently preparing for a solo exhibition and most of the paintings are going to be using Water Mixable Oil Paints.
At first though I struggled with them.
There were a few key things I needed to learn to get the best results. Things like how much water to use and when, how to work wet into wet for alla prima painting and more.
Having now done a large number of paintings with them I am convinced that they are the ideal medium for those who want the benefits of both traditional oils and acrylics without the downside.
That’s why I am certain you will want to join me for the new course …
Join Me Now In The New Course Water Mixable Oil Paints Introduction
If you are as excited by the possibilities of Water Mixable Oil Paints as I am then you will want to join me in the brand new course.
The new course will be split into two modules.
In Module One I will explain to you everything you need to know about Water Mixable Oil Paints including:
* The advantages of using Water Mixable Oil Paints over traditional oil paints
* How to thin them down using just water and getting the consistency right
* Applying initial washes of colour and getting the paint to flow onto the canvas
* How to work thick over thin with your layers for best effect <<< Important for working Alla Prima
* Blending made easy
* The important thing you need to know about colour mixing with Water Mixable Oil Paints
* Avoiding creating muddy colours
* Using Water Mixable Oil Paints with the Moore Method of Painting
* The basic and expanded colour palette we recommend
* Drying times and understanding the two stage drying process <<< Unique to Water Mixable Oil Paints
* How to clean up easily
* Working back into your painting when the paint is tacky
* And which mediums are available and which should you use
In Module Two we will then do a couple of simple landscapes to demonstrate the working process.
With these demos we will focus on the working method of using thin washes of colour to block in, and then applying thicker paint in layers over the top. When you learn to work in this manner you can transform your work and create some dramatic effects.
These demonstration paintings will also look at one of the big advantages of oils in creating atmosphere and soft lost edges in a painting.
Then in Module Three we will do a larger complete painting project.
In this complete painting project you will get the reference photos to work from so you can paint along with me.
This is where you will see everything come together and it will all fall into place for you.
So are you ready to join in the fun?
Who this course is for:
- Beginner To Intermediate Artists
- Acrylic Painters Wanting To Explore Oils
- Traditional Oil Painters Concerned About Toxins and Smells
- Watercolor Painters Looking To Try New Mediums
- All Artists Looking To Learn Water Mixable Oil Painting
- Welcome To Water Mixable Oil Painting
- About Water Mixable Oil Paint
- Demonstration of Principles
- Painting Project 1