Ultimate Realistic Drawing: Master Colored Pencil Drawing
What you’ll learn
The goal of providing this virtual course is a fluent simple tutorial on the colored pencils techniques, the correct way of coloring and combining them in a sketch with colored pencils, and at last sketching the very beautiful and simple models.
different textures of fruit, animals, and objects will be taught in this course and almost you get to know about the color combination of the skin
At the end of this course, it is expected that learners be able to recognize the colors from the model and combining them as well.
Drawing with colored pencil
The use of colored pencils has been around for many years in painting, and in recent years the use of colored pencils for drawing has increased among artists, and nowadays we see more artworks created by colored pencils in collections and museums.
If you want to start the colored pencil drawing experience, this series of tutorials related to colored pencils techniques for drawing and painting will be suitable for you.
To begin with, we would like to remind you of the points made by artists who paint with colored pencils as important points. These topics include creating layers with colors, using brushes and lightening colors of colored pencils, and creating the primary sketches.
1- Arranging the layers in sketching with colored pencils
One advantage of painting with colored pencils is that the colors are compatible and can be combined. The colored pencils are transparent, so the layers we create are transparent and blend together as well. Sometimes you may find it difficult to find exactly the color you need between the colors of your pencils, but you can get other colors through layering, which means putting the colors on top of each other, so the color will be close to what you want as a result.
The next challenge is knowing what effect these layers have on each other.
Here are some tips about this:
• Layers created with complementary colors darken both colors.
• If the hand pressure on the colored pencil is increased, the color concentration will be higher but not darker.
• You can darken a color with the closest dark color to the same color. For example, use purple on red. Or use dark blue or dark brown before black.
• Remember not to use black as the top layer on any color.
• To lighten a color, create a layer with a lighter color on it.
• Combine a color to intensify it.
• Creating a white layer on most colors makes them lighter.
2- Using brushes
Some tutorials use a brush to create base or background color, which speeds up the work. You can use powdered pencil or pastel or even cosmetic shadows to paint the background. But it is preferable not to use too much brush on the surface layers of pencil painting, as this will reduce the freshness and gloss of the colors.
In this method, you need colored pencils that have a high pigment. If there is not enough pigment so that the brush can move it, nothing will happen.
Only if there are too many pigments, they can be transferred to the required parts with a brush.
3- Precise sketch of the primary sketch with graphite pencil
When you apply the components with a graphite pencil, it will be easier to paint and shape the sketch. The pencil suitable for creating the primary sketch is a regular B2 pencil, that the softness and opacity of which is suitable for creating the primary sketch, or you can create the primary sketch with a pencil that is close to or slightly lighter than the background color, so there won’t be a need for erasing the pencil lines.
If you use a graphite pencil, be sure to erase the perimeter lines slowly before painting.
Painting fruits with pencils, while seemingly simple, is a practical tutorial with many charms. Among the subjects of lifeless nature, the fruit is a subject whose painting subject has always been available and there is a great variety of forms and colors. In this course from fruits and vegetables, we have selected bell peppers and zucchini for teaching. In these tutorials, you will learn how to color and shape and create a shiny texture of pepper in three colors.
Another subject that has been chosen for this course is the shoes. In the selected model, you will get acquainted with how to create shoe volume as well as the subject’s leather texture, and of course, the selected model has other details that will also be taught.
Drawing animals with pencils is another interesting subject in this technique. The variety of textures, colors, and shapes that exist in animals has made them an interesting subject in pencil learning. In painting different animals, the student can get acquainted with different types of feathers, hair, wool, etc. In this training course, we will teach a simple design of a butterfly, parrot, dog, and tiger, during which the student will learn coloring the butterfly, create the shape of the parrot’s feathers and how to create the dog’s body shape and hair and beautiful tiger body spots and etc.
Who this course is for:
- The course is suitable for those who are interested in the art of painting and the technique of colored pencils, even with the least basic information about the art of painting
- All beginners and intermediate students can use these tutorials and learn how to draw simple and beautiful paintings with colored penci
- There is no age limit for students, and it includes children ranging in age from 9 and older who are able to recognize volume and color to adult learners who are interested in the technique colored pencils.
- How to draw and color fruits with colored pencils
- How to draw and color animals with colored pencils
- How to draw and color the face components with colored pencils
- How to draw and color the Inanimate nature with colored pencils