Professional Web Scraping with Java
What you’ll learn
Have a solid understanding of web scraping with Java
Beeing able to scrape practically any web page (static AND dynamic / AJAX) though you learn the concepts behind web scraping
Download, parse and extract data from websites with Jsoup
Call web APIs in Java with Unirest
Export your data as CSV or JSON
Build web scrapers that stay undetected and do not get blocked or banned
In this short and concise course you will learn everything to get started with web scraping using Java.
You will learn the concepts behind web scraping that you can apply to practically any web page (static AND dynamic / AJAX).
We start with an overview of what web scraping is and what you can do with it.
Then we explain the difference in scraping static pages vs dynamic / AJAX pages. You learn how to classify a website in one of the two categories and then apply the right concept in order to scrape the data you want.
Now you will learn how to export the scraped data either as CSV or JSON. These are some popular formats that can be used for further processing.
Unfortunately many websites try to block scrapers or sometimes you just do not want to be detected. In the section going undercover you will learn how to stay undetected and avoid getting blocked.
At the end of the course you can download the full source code of all the lectures and we discuss an outlook to some advanced topics (private proxies, cloud deployment, multi threading …). Those advanced topics are covered in a follow up course I am going to teach.
Why you should take this course
Stop imagining you can scrape data from websites and use the skills for your next web project, you can do it now.
- Stay ahead of your competition
- Be more efficient and automate tedious, manual tasks
- Increase your value by adding web scraping to your skill set
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with an interest in learning web scraping and understanding the concepts
- Anyone who likes a short and concise course
- This course is NOT an introduction to Java
- This course will NOT show you how to setup your development environment
- This course is intended to get you started with web scraping. Very advanced topics (e.g. private proxies, cloud deployment, multi threading) are discussed but not implemented in this course. I will do an an advanced / enterprise level course on this separately…
- Windows, Mac, or Linux PC
- Course Introduction
- Scraping static web pages
- Scraping dynamic / AJAX web pages
- Exporting your data
- Going undercover