Play Piano or Keyboard from Chord Charts (with Music Theory)
What you’ll learn
Determine the key of a song
Understand and apply music theory at the keyboard
Start to play and accompany any song on piano or keyboard
This course lays the foundations to playing any song from a chord chart. We will take on an unconventional perspective on music theory. Instead of using music notation, we will learn music theory as it applies to the keyboard. This will free you up to play the piano/keyboard your way and can send you on your way to more sophisticated techniques of piano/keyboard playing, accompaniment or even improvisation.
Who this course is for:
- If you’re a classically trained piano player, who wants to play from chord charts: This is perfect for you.
- If you know how to play from chord charts, this will give you a thorough understanding of how to make music theory work for you.
- If you want to start playing your favorite songs at the piano or a keyboard, this will give you a thorough start into it.
- Introduction and the ground work of music theory
- Now to working with our keyboard
- Connecting some dots
- Chords revisited
- Cadence and more Inversions
- Finish line!