Painting a Boat in Water
What you’ll learn
Sketch a visually engaging scene of a boat on a lake without using a reference image.
Pick sky colors according to the kind of mood you want to set for your painting.
Practice using the “wet-in-wet” technique in order to create soft blends.
Block in the correct values in order to make objects (such as a boat) look 3D.
Use the “variegated wash” technique to keep colors vibrant and edges soft.
Draw and paint the banks of a lake in perspective.
How to use the “lost and found” technique to create a better sense of distance and depth.
Practice the “wet-on-dry” technique for more detailed areas.
How to paint water, and to create the shimmery surface a lake has via wavering brushstrokes and a lifting technique.
Real Testimonials From Students Of Online Classes By WatercolorPainting[dot]com
“I can’t tell you how happy I am that I decided to try your instructional videos. You are an exceptional teacher. have never seen any tutorial in any medium that describes the painting process the way you do. You leave nothing out. You explain what artists, and beginning artists, need to hear.”
“I’m currently taking a local class and have learned nothing compared to the video tutorials I’ve watched on your site. THANK YOU for taking the time to video and share! Love it!”
Summary & Preview
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: love it or your money back, no questions asked
- 1 hour of high-definition video
- Separated into stages so you can follow along at your own pace
- Only basic watercolor supplies required: a pencil, a brush, some paints, paper and water
- Award-winning, English-speaking instructor
Through teaching a landscape painting step-by-step, this 2-Time Teacher Of The Year shows you everything you need to know to paint tricky things such as:
- Composing a peaceful lake scene without a reference
- Perspective and depth
- Autumn forests
- Water and reflections
Let the teacher take the difficulty out of the painting with easy-to-follow instructions, constant encouragement, and a great sense of humor.
Who this course is for:
- For students who appreciate clear, easy-to-follow instructions and a 2-time Teacher Of The Year with a sense of humor.
- For newer artists who want to understand basic principles of watercolor painting.
- For art enthusiasts who believe in self-improvement and new skills.
- Painting a Boat in Water with Reflections