Master the 24 Most Common Chords: Piano Building Blocks
What you’ll learn
Play and improvise on virtually any popular song where chords are provided.
Playing the piano doesn’t need to be complicated. All you need is to learn the building blocks.
Get ready to learn the basic building blocks of all music: chords.
Experienced instructor Nathan Lawrence guides you step by step through the process of learning to play piano by chord. Many online piano methods teach you what you need to know, but in an impersonal way. You might be able to see the piano and what to play, but there’s no human being there to make it feel like you’re learning in a personal lesson setting. That’s why this course has a fundamentally different approach. Every lesson is taught with a simultaneous view of both your teacher and the keyboard, as if you’re looking in a mirror.
Piano Building Blocks uses one-of-a-kind, shape-based approach to chord learning. All 24 major and minor chords are taught in intuitive groups by hand position shape, with memorable descriptions like “mountain” or “valley” to help you remember how to place your hand.
This complete course includes:
– The 24 Most Common Chords (one of the highest rated piano courses on Udemy, included free)
– Chord Additions & Variations
– Chord Inversions (parts 1 & 2)
The only way to reach your goal is to take the first step.
Sign up today!
Hear what people are saying:
“I loved the course. You are a great teacher and I found your shape-based way of teaching chords to be really helpful to me. I now understand how chords are constructed which is amazing as I never thought I would learn it so easily. This will help me with both my piano playing and guitar playing. I have started writing songs so this knowledge will help me to bring more variation into my compositions. Your course was brilliantly done. Thank you so very much for doing it.” – Amanda
Keywords: piano lessons, piano courses, piano improvisation, piano lessons for beginners, piano lessons for intermediate players, piano lessons for beginners made easy, piano lessons for absolute beginners, piano lessons for adult beginners, piano lessons for beginner, piano courses with closed caption, course piano, piano-course, piano chords, chords on piano, chords piano, learn piano chords, just chords piano, play piano using chords, learn piano by ear
Who this course is for:
- People with no piano experience, or people who have some piano background but have never learned to play by chord.
- Recommended for ages 9 to adult.
- Introductory Concepts
- Plains Chords – C, F and G
- Mountain Chords – A, D, and E
- Minor “Plains” Chords – Am, Dm and Em
- Minor “Mountain” Chords – Cm, Fm and Gm
- “Valley” Chords – Ab, Db and Eb
- Minor “Valley” Chords – C#m, F#m and G#m
- The “Slope” Chords – B, Bm, Bb and Bbm
- The Rare “Plateau” Chords – F# and Ebm
- Introduction to Chord Additions & Variations