Marketing Strategies of Consumer Brands (FMCG/CPG)
What you’ll learn
Understand the 4 common, Practical Marketing Strategies applied by FMCG/CPG brands
Appreciate how execution varies across the 4 marketing strategies
Map out competitor strategies using Execution variables
Execution frameworks that work in the FMCG / CPG industry
This course will equip you with a good understanding of the 4 most common strategies followed by large consumer brands (FMCG/CPG) and how they differ in execution. If you are looking for detailed academic theory then this course is definitely not for you.
In this course we will cover the following
1. What is a Marketing Strategy? A very brief but simple definition
2. The 4 practical marketing strategies used by most consumer brands
3. What are the 13 different Execution variables which differentiate these 4 strategies
4. How do the execution variables change for each of the four strategies (Because it is all nice and well to state the strategy, but what do you do or how do you behave differently)
Please view the “Course Overview and Structure” and “What is a Marketing Strategy?” and other free course videos before purchasing this course so you are clear on what you are about to pay for.
If you are not comfortable with the English language and basic Mathematics, then this course may not be for you.
You can download the Marketing Strategy Grid in Excel and use it as a guide when evaluating competition or framing the execution variables of your strategy..
In about 35 minutes of video you will gain from our 20+ years of senior marketing and category management experience with some of the biggest consumer brands in the world across both developed and emerging markets.
Whether you work for a large consumer product business or are a small business competing against the global brands or you are a start up in the food and consumer product space or you are a management and strategy consultant advising consumer brands, this course will add to your understanding and capability on the practical aspects of executing marketing strategies in FMCG/CPG.
Who this course is for:
- Students and Young Professionals looking to pursue a career in FMCG marketing
- Aspiring Brand Managers
- Management and Strategy Consultants that advise the FMCG / CPG industry
- Business Owners and Managers who sell any kind of consumer product
- Finance, manufacturing, supply chain and human resource professionals who want to understand how and why marketing strategies are created and executed
- Anyone who wants to understand the Practical side of Marketing Strategies in a consumer business
- Course Overview
- What is a Marketing Strategy?
- The 4 Practical Marketing Strategies used by Global brands
- The 12+1 Execution Variables (EVs)
- Differences in the 12+1 Execution Variables for the 4 Strategies