Learn Piano: The Basics of Keyboards
What you’ll learn
Understand the keys of a piano and how the keyboard is structured
Find all the notes on the piano
Understand the piano’s pedals and what they are used for
Master the correct posture, hand and arm placement, wrist alignment, fingertip and thumb placement, and breathing
The basics of music notation, including the treble clef and the bass clef
Place notes on the music staff and translate those notes back to the note on the piano
Understand shaps and flats, and where they are on the piano
Understand key signatures
Understand time signatures
Begin reading rhythms
Understand quarter, eighth, sixteenth notes and triplets
Show moreShow less
Welcome to The Basics of Learning Piano.
In this course designed for beginners, we’ll help you set up a solid foundation that will help you get the most out of learning piano quickly and easily! The course covers basic posture, hand placement, time signatures, key signatures, and the basics for rhythm reading. The course is structured in a way that helps you get comfortable with your keyboard first, then follows with the beginning steps you’ll need in order to learn songs and practice effectively.
Included in this beginning piano course are 29 videos, complete with downloadable staff paper and clef paper resources to make it easy for you. You should set aside 2-3 hours to take the course and practice alongside the quizzes.
If you’re looking to get the right foundation for your piano playing, then you’ll be happy you took the Beginning Piano course! We’ve taught over 100,000 students and have a deep understanding of what you need in order to begin your exciting piano learning program!
Who this course is for:
- This Intro to Piano course was designed for the beginning player. It covers the foundational pieces that a student will need in order to begin understanding how to play songs. This course does not show how to play specific songs, but rather provides the necessary understanding needed in order to learn songs quickly and easily.
- Understanding the Parts of the Piano and the Musical Alphabet
- 5 Technique Tips You Need to Know
- The Basics of Music Notation
- Key Signatures and Time Signatures
- Intro to Rhythm