Java 7 Programming & Eclipse for Programmers
What you’ll learn
Write stand-alone applications using the Java language and the Eclipse IDE.
Accurately implement Object-Oriented concepts using Java features such as classes, interfaces and references.
Create well-scoped classes using packages.
Write programs which both handle and create exceptions.
Read and write data using input and output streams.
Use the Java Collections Framework to work with groups of objects.
With over 200 videos and 20 hours of content, this online Java training course is designed to provide a solid foundation in Java programming and Eclipse for programmers who are already proficient in another language. Besides learning the basic structure and syntax of the language, you will also learn object-oriented principles and how they are applied in Java applications. In addition, this training course covers more advanced features of the language such as abstract classes, interfaces, generics, packages, and exception handling. Finally, you will learn two foundational API libraries: I/O streams and collections. This online training course is current to Java 7 and uses the Eclipse IDE.
If you are a complete beginner with no programming experience, please see our Learn to Program with Java for Complete Beginners courses, instead.
Hands On Learning
Unlike other online training courses, you are encouraged to actively participate in the learning experience by running example files during lectures and performing coding challenges during labs. Each lab session includes review videos so you can compare your solution to the instructor’s.
This training course comes complete with working example and lab solution files as well as a link to optionally purchase the workbook used in the video at a discount.
About the Instructor
Jamie Romero is a dynamic instructor and expert Java programmer. He has taught over 350 classes to programmers from companies like Hewlett-Packard, Lockheed Martin, and Boeing. Jamie’s energetic style and up-beat attitude are just what you need for an online training course.
Some recent comments about Jamie’s classes:
- “Jamie was a great instructor. He cut through the fluff and gave us the core of what I need to start using Java right away.”
- “Great instructor that knows the material and is enthusiastic about Java. It helped very much in getting through the course.”
- “Jamie exhibits a mastery of the material, to such a degree that his ability to explain it is very effective. Explanations are very detailed, and presented in a very understandable way. He is an excellent instructor.”
Who this course is for:
- This training course is designed for programmers who want to move into the Java language.
- Course Introduction
- Getting Started with Java
- Datatypes and Variables
- Operators and Expressions
- Control Flow
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Objects and Classes
- Using Java Objects