Improve Piano Sight Reading – Mentally Hear Music from Score
What you’ll learn
fluency in hearing all the notes in the head
fluency in mental reading the score
fluency in sight reading (hearing music ahead and reading “in chunks”)
NEW 2021 course is out – ‘Mastery of Piano Technique for advanced pianists’ 29.99. Much better quality, more information. Mental practice. In this course you will study the foundation elements of tone production – mental practice (sound imagination & internal singing) and physical approach (posture, arm weight, wrist & elbow motion). By the end of 30 days practice you will be able to play a simple piece of music with relaxed hands, flexible wrists, arm weight, controlling your tone as well as your finger muscles.
Now, back to this course –
In this course we focus on the basic principles of mental practice – training ability to hear all the notes that are written in the score in our inner musical ear/in our head.
You will master –
1. Pre-hearing one note at a time by just looking at the score
2. Imagining notes sequentially – connecting the notes
3. Imagining polyphonic texture – all the notes simultaneously in BH, intervals or chords
4. Establishing a good connection between sound imagination and sensations in hand muscles so while sight reading hands would simply follow the fluency of your imagination
Sight Reading Practice that prepares students to read music scores more fluently consists of 30 minutes inner musical ear training (IMET) routine and 10 minutes of sight reading. It is advised to make at least 10 sessions of such practice before trying to actually sight reading music.
2. IMET – Sight reading practice
IMET (right hand practice)
IMET (left hand practice)
IMET (both hands practice) + a few tips for sight reading
Who this course is for:
- intermediate level and above (the course is not teaching how to read the notes!)
- advanced pianists who are stuck in their level of sight reading
- Inner Musical Ear Training (IMET)