How to Loosen Up Your Painting
What you’ll learn
Use brushwork skills to paint in a loose, impressionist style.
Assess a subject for suitable composition and potential for a strong painting.
Master color mixing.
Identify shapes, color and light effects with confidence.
Tired of Tight and boring paintings? Paintings that do not express how you feel about the subject? Frustrated with doing the same thing over and over?
What is the secret to loose and impressionist style of painting?
You will learn all of this and more. But loose does not mean sloppy. If you want to learn the real secrets of painting? Read on…
The essentials of painting are required to fully take advantage of the loose painting style.
I have created this course to help artists that want to get an overall understanding of the link between painting fundamentals and the loose style. Although this is an advanced course you will still be able to enjoy the course with only the basic painting knowledge.
This course shows full painting demonstrations of specific subjects. Each demonstration has a number of objectives. Your challenge is then to try out what you have learned before moving onto the next lesson. This way you will learn progressively and build your skills over time.
These are my paintings in the studio or outdoors. It is how I paint and how I produce the paintings for my art business. You are joining me in my daily painting practice.
In this course you will learn:
- How to see like an artist
- Simplification of shapes
- Understanding values by watching real painting demonstrations
- Understanding color in action
- How to prepare your painting
- Understanding edges by seeing how it is done
- Composition in practical terms
- Perspective (linear and aerial) the quick and effective way!
- Effective brushwork
- How to finish in style
By the end of this course you will be able to fully appreciate the steps needed to paint loose and free from bad habits.
Yes I will add more demonstrations that support the lessons learned. Also new subjects that will be of interest to you.
Ready to begin!
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate artists.
- Artists looking to take the next step in their painting skills.
- What is the Loose Painting Style?
- Brushwork: The Essential Skill
- Choosing the Correct Brush
- Focus on Shapes and Balance
- Simplification: Farm Meadow Painting
- Paint in Layers
- Simplify Your Drawing
- Painting Water
- Painting Seawater and Rocks
- Expressive Portraits