Google Analytics: A Beginner’s Guide
What you’ll learn
Understand the Google Analytic Dashboard
Understand and apply key terminology
Find popular pages and how they contribute to revenue (or success)
Troubleshoot poorly performing content or pages
Track a monetary value for actions, goals and outcomes
Learn skills necessary for reading Google Analytics reports
Create goals that provide measurable outcomes for your marketing efforts
I created this course, because too many businesses and businesses owners have told me that they have Google Analytics, but they just don’t use it. When asked, the reasons are usually, “too complicated,” “not sure what to look for” or “I just don’t understand.”
That is so unfortunate, because Google Analytics contains information that can make an immediate impact in growing your business! The difficult part is finding information to help you set it up properly, understand the interface and how to read the reports.
In this course, I’m going to use a lecture format, but with dozens of Google Analytics screen captures to help you navigate alongside as I teach you how:
- Customize Google Analytics to work specifically for your business.
- Dominate the terminology
- Evaluate reports based on your questions
- Segment, contrast and compare
- Find easy “wins” to improve your website
- Track revenue
- Assess the value of your content
I’ll also teach you how to think differently about analytics. I’ll also teach you the skills necessary to analyze and identify problem areas or opportunities to grow your business.
In my 20+ years of experience in Digital Marketing, nothing makes as big an impact as utilizing analytics to find problems or drive increased revenue to your business.
Who this course is for:
- Small/Medium Business owners strapped for time
- Website mangers/marketers who need to measure results
- Bloggers who want to build their business
- This course is meant for beginners who get stumped from the start. For those who have clicked around, but get frustrated at the lack of directions or obvious insights.
- If you are at the step of creating customer reports, this may be too simple for you.
- Anyone who has a website, but has no idea how to navigate Google Analytics
- Welcome to the Course
- Why is Analytics so Difficult?
- Understanding Google’s Terms and their Concepts
- Report the Goal
- Develop Context for Better Understanding
- Uncover Basic Reports
- Learn Analytics Skills to Grow your Confidence
- Apply Knowledge to Improvement