Gibson’s Learn & Master Guitar
What you’ll learn
You will start off learning some basic terms and concepts: the parts of the guitar
You will start off learning some basic terms and concepts: the names of the strings
You will start off learning some basic terms and concepts: proper right & left hand technique
You will start off learning some basic terms and concepts: how to tune your guitar both with an electronic tuner and by ear
You will start off learning some basic terms and concepts: how to read guitar tablature
You will start off learning some basic terms and concepts: how to read chord blocks
You will start off learning some basic terms and concepts: finger exercises to build up dexterity in your hands
You will start off learning some basic terms and concepts: learn to read music
You will: develop a true understanding of how music works and why something sounds good
You will: learn about Major and Minor scales in a simple, logical, step-by-step approach
You will: learn practical tools for soloing in any key in any place on the guitar neck
You will: learn to incorporate simple chord substitution tricks to transform a basic chord progression into something memorable
You will: learn the chord voicings the pros use to create the sounds you hear everyday on the radio
You will: develop systematic, practical ear-training skills so you can listen to a melody and immediately play it
You will: receive the instruction and practice you need to understand what notes are in any chord and simple ways to include those notes all over the neck of the guitar
You will: learn to play many different genres of guitar music, including rock, blues, jazz, country, and funk
Show moreShow less
Gibson’s Learn & Master Guitar is the world’s best DVD-based guitar course that starts an aspiring guitarist at the beginning and builds to a master level of skill. With the Learn & Master system, you get a true multi-modal learning experience (reading, listening, watching, and doing). This is no “learn overnight” approach, but takes world-class guitar lessons to a more comprehensive level using multimedia training presented by expert instructor, Steve Krenz. This course is designed for those who want serious guitar lessons, learning the principles of reading, guitar tab, music theory, and technique. With Gibson’s Learn & Master Guitar you enjoy learning in the comfort of your own home, and on your own schedule. We believe that learning should be fun rather than intimidating. You’ll love Steve’s “take you by the hand” approach in Gibson’s Learn & Master Guitar.
Who this course is for:
- Our instructor, Steve makes no assumptions from the very beginning of the course. In Session 1, “Starting Off Right,” he introduces you to the instrument and begins the process of building your knowledge and confidence. By the end of that session, you’ll be well-prepared for the journey you are about to embark upon.
- Steve wants to make sure you have a solid foundation and are comfortable with your guitar and the terminology. If you are just picking up the guitar for the first time, or have had no real instruction to this point, this is going to be critical in your success. For those who have some knowledge of the instrument and perhaps a little professional training, these fundamental concepts may be too elementary, but we encourage you to watch it so you can get familiar with Steve and his teaching methods.
- The biggest advantage to using Gibson’s Learn & Master Guitar is simply that everything you need to know is laid out in one course… step-by-step, start to finish. There’s no need to search for a bunch of different materials while trying to piece together your own training program. The concepts in Gibson’s Learn & Master Guitar build upon each other in a logical, step-by-step format so that you never feel lost. If you already have the basics down, just skip right through the first few lessons and then get down to the good stuff.
- Haven’t you messed around long enough? Invest in yourself. Invest in your music. Imagine, in less than a year you can go from where you are now to absolute guitar master, jamming like a true pro in any musical genre. You just provide the guitar and the practice time. Everything else you need is right here!
- Course Introduction and Tools
- Session 1: Starting Off Right
- Session 1 Bonus Workshop: Starting Off Right
- Session 2: Reading Music on the First and Second Strings
- Session 2 Bonus Workshop: Reading Music on the First and Second Strings
- Session 3: Notes on the Third and Fourth Strings
- Session 3 Bonus Workshop: Notes on the Third and Fourth Strings
- Session 4: Notes on the Fifth and Sixth Strings
- Session 4 Bonus Workshop: Notes on the Fifth and Sixth Strings
- Session 5: Basic Open Chords