Foundations for Mastering Watercolor Painting
What you’ll learn
Learn watercolor techniques quicker and easier
Understand what watercolor paint is and how it is unique
Discern how a paint will perform based on its pigment property
Gain insight into water’s important role in the water media painting process
Appreciate the importance of surface texture and structure when you paint
Understand the differences between brush materials
Problem-solve with success when something goes wrong in the painting process
Feel freer in developing your own artistic voice
List price of $49.99 now $24.99
NOTE: This is not a hands-on painting course.
“The best watercolour course I have seen…I need a structured better approach than the typical watch-me-paint courses, that explain nothing about quality of paints and mediums and how they affect the final result. Brilliantly narrated, videos quality are amazing and super explanatory. 6 stars!” – Joao C.
“I am learning so much. It is really helping me to understand the medium I am working with, as well as how I can manipulate it to create the effects and emotions I want. Everything just changes when you know what you are looking for. My level of confidence in watercolour has definitely skyrocketed.” – Nicole O.
Watercolor painting at its core is built upon pigment, water, and a painting surface, and in order to master the medium you need to thoroughly understand your materials. This course is designed to give you an in-depth look at the properties of each material used in the watercolor painting process. With this understanding, beginners will have an easier time learning techniques and experienced painters will be better equipped to perfect their skill and solve potential problems. This isn’t a hands-on painting class, but rather is a lecture-based course containing information you aren’t likely to find anywhere else.
Who this course is for:
- This course applies to both new painters as well as experienced painters. For the new painter, it will make the learning process much easier. For the experienced painter, it will give you a deeper understanding of the medium.
- This is not a watercolor technique class. Instead, this is intended to give viewers a broader, deeper understanding of the medium.
- How to Use the Course Tools
- The History of Watercolor (Optional)
- What is Watercolor?
- The Properties of Pigments
- The Properties of Water
- The Properties of Painting Surfaces
- Practical Application
- Bonus: How Supplies Impact Painting Results