Do It Yourself Branding & Graphic Design for Non-Designers
What you’ll learn
You will know how to create your own logo, branded assets, marketing materials, letterhead, business cards and social media graphics
Will know how to use your brand and branded assets to create anything needed for your business
Be very comfortable using Canva by the end of this course
Understand solid design principles like layout, font pairing and know a little color theory too and how to maximize color to increase effectiveness in ads and graphics
Be able to have a direct influence on your brand creation by doing it yourself
Are you a new start up? A small business needing a logo and branded assets like letterheads, business cards and social media ads? A freelance business wanting to develop a personal brand, but your not a graphic designer or do not want to pay thousands or to get these assets created?
This course is an intimate and detailed guide through developing your entire brand including the creation of your logo and branded color palette and fonts that we will then use to create business cards, letterheads and social media graphics of all shapes and sizes.
You will follow me as I develop a personal brand for my freelance business. I will show you every detail and the WHY behind certain choices, there is a specific marketing tactic, reason and logic behind choices. You will also learn through this detailed process how to properly layout and design using many different dimensions and sizes, learn how to work with social media posts, how to look professional and make solid design choices even if you know nothing about design when starting this course.
There is even a exclusive facebook student group where we create conversations together and support each other as we develop our brands. I will even hold challenges to help you start to create these branded assets and give you inspiration by seeing what other students are creating. That means you are not just buying a bunch of videos in a course, but a support system and access to me as a guide through this important process of developing your brand and brand assets.
We will use Canva as our DIY tool of choice because of it’s easy access and ease of use. You do not need to know how to use Canva to feel comfortable taking this course. There is even a free version of Canva where you can still accomplish a lot talked about in this course.
So, ready to save thousands of dollars in design and marketing costs by doing it yourself? This can be a fun and enjoyable process, so let’s learn together!
Who this course is for:
- Small business owners wanting to avoid the high costs of creating a custom brand and branded assets and marketing materials
- A freelancer wanting to learn how to develop their own personal brand and they do not have a design background
- Start-ups who want to offset costs of getting their new ideas out there by doing their own marketing materials and branding
- Those who are not comfortable with design or graphic design and want to learn how to do this on their own without having to learn a ton of design theory or hard to learn programs.
- Those how enjoy learning by doing practical real world projects
- Anyone wanting to “Do It Themselves” and have play a critical role in designing and creating their brand “look” and “Feel”
- Those wanting to be in a community of other DIY business owners and freelancers wanting to take charge of their Brand creation
- Getting Started
- Logo Creation and Choosing Your Branded Colors
- Creating That Business Card!
- Letterhead Time!
- Social Media Graphics – Instagram
- Social Media Graphics – Facebook
- Bonus Lecture
- EXTRA SECTION! How to legally use paid and free fonts, photos and resources