An Introduction to Games Marketing
What you’ll learn
Understand some effective methods and tools to market their game.
Understand basic games marketing theory and practice.
An Introduction to Games Marketing is an expertly designed course aimed at students and independent game designers who want to understand how to market their game. This course is designed specifically for games by industry professionals. You should take this course if you want to gain a better understanding of what marketing activities you should do and how to do them. Our course includes a pack of 5 resources including, a social media handbook, a media briefing template, an example coverage report, an example social content calendar and a press list template for you to use for your games.
This course should take 2-3 hours to complete and is structured in a series of lectures followed by a quizzes. You should take this course if you need help starting your games marketing, you have a game in development or you want to gain a greater understanding of the impact and value of marketing in the games industry.
This course is perfect for you if you are:
- Midway through your games development
- Are about to attend a tradeshow such as PAX, Indiecade, Fantastic Arcade, GDC, TGS or others
- Are about to send out press releases to the media
- Ready to set up your social channels to start advertising your game
- If you are studying game development
Who this course is for:
- This course is appropriate for, but not limited to: developers in the games industry, hobby developers, students of game design, and stakeholders in the games industry.
- This is a basic course intended for games developers and students that have limited or no marketing education.
- An Introduction to Games Marketing
- Pitching Skills
- Media vs Players
- Social media and video marketing
- Communicating with the media
- Building your marketing strategy